The ROOT Cafe presents Summer Food Preservation Workshops!
A big part of eating local year-round is preserving the summer’s harvest. Join the ROOT Cafe for any or all of the following dates:
- August 4th – Cheese-Making & Herbs 101
- August 11th – Canning 101: Dilly Beans
- August 18th – Raw Food 101 with certified raw food chef Lorna Schmuckle
- August 25th – Canning 101: Delicious Jams
- September 1st – Perfecting Pesto & Freezing 101
- September 8th – Canning 201: Totally Tomatoes
Classes will be held at Christ Episcopal Church (6th and Scott) in downtown Little Rock from 6-8 p.m. on the above Tuesday nights. Each class is $20, or you can sign up for all six for $100. Prices include all materials and finished goodies to take home. Checks can be sent to: The ROOT Cafe, P.O. Box 2814, Little Rock, AR 72203, or brought to the first class.
Class sizes are limited, so register early! To register or for more information, contact (501) 944-8500 or email@example.com.