Join Garvan Woodland Gardens (GWG) for its Native Plant Workshop, tomorrow from 9 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. at Garvan Woodland Gardens in Hot Springs.
Topics and presenters include:
- Shady Natives – Bob Byers
- Native Shrubs & Woodland Plants – Janet Carson
- Maintaining a Native Garden – Theo Witsell
- Designing a Rain Garden – Katy Teague
- Edible Natives – Dr. Tamara Walkingstick
- Lichens & Moss – Dr. Doug Jeffries
- Seed Propagation – Mary Ann King
- Aquatic Plants – David Heikes
- Native Bees – Jon Zawislak
- Understory Trees – John Slater
Participants will choose their top six sessions and will be placed in four sessions on a first come first serve basis. Sessions are limited to 25 participants each. Registration begins at 9 a.m. Workshops begin at 9:30 a.m and end at 3:15 p.m. Special preview of Garvan Woodland Gardens Plant & Landscape Sale for workshop participants!
Cost (includes lunch) is $45 for GWG members and $60 for non-members. To download the registration form, visit http://www.garvangardens.org/pdfs/Landscape-Reg-Form-08-1.pdf. For more information, visit www.garvangardens.org.