Learn all about fungus among us at the Arkansas Mycological Society (AMS) Fungus Fair, this Saturday, November 8th at the Pinnacle Mountain State Park. The event schedule is as follows:
- 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Foray along Arboretum Trail
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. – Lunch – Two kinds of wild mushroom soup will be provided, however participants should bring a sandwich and other items to accompany the soup.
- 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. – PowerPoint Presentation: “Edible and Poisonous Mushrooms of Arkansas”
- 2:45 – 3:30 p.m. – Lecture on growing your own mushrooms at home
- 3:45 – 4:15 p.m. – Mycophagy session (cooking and tasting wild mushrooms) – Edible finds from the morning foray will be cooked for participants to sample. The session will be followed by a presentation on harvesting, storing, preserving and cooking wild mushrooms.
AMS members whose dues are current may attend the workshop free of charge, but non-members over the age of 18 are asked to pay $10 for the day’s events.
For more information, contact Jay Justice at (501) 794-2669.