Organizers of the Conway EcoFest are seeking individuals and group volunteers for a work day on Saturday, August 28, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., to be held at Advent Lutheran Church (900 Farris Road) in Conway. Volunteers are welcome to stop in for any part of this work day.
The Conway EcoFest will be held at Laurel Park on Saturday, September 11 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.. It is a highly interactive, balanced, educational, and fun view of environmental issues that impact all of us. There are exhibits and activities for all ages and interests. The event has many new features including, The Race for Planet X from the Museum of Discovery, a gravity-propelled Cardboard Car Derby, a drawing for an electric scooter and much more!
Some of the tasks where help is needed include the following:
- Painting directional and area signs;
- Building wood bases for sturdy signs;
- Cutting bamboo and making sign posts;
- Completing miscellaneous tasks for each section. This includes creative layout for sections and additional development of areas, creating fun displays, murals, etc.; and
- The public may come and learn about and sign up to help with a specific task for the day of the event.
Those having scrap wood are asked to call Debbie Plopper at (501) 327-2105 or notify coordinators through the website, www.ConwayEcoFest.com, prior to Saturday, if possible.
Those attending Saturday’s work day are encouraged to bring a hammer, or paint rollers and/or brushes of all sizes, if they have them. Refreshments will be served.
Many volunteer opportunities are still available prior to event, in addition to the day of the event. Volunteers are encouraged to sign up through the Web site as soon as possible to ensure a large enough volunteer pool.
For more information, please contact Debbie Plopper at (501) 327-2105 or (501) 472-0901, or visit the website.