Learn all about fungus among us at the Arkansas Mycological Society (AMS) Fungus Fair, Saturday, November 6 at the Pinnacle Mountain State Park.
The event schedule is as follows:
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Foray to observe Mushrooms in their Natural Habitat
- 12–1 p.m. – Lunch – Mushroom soup and perhaps some mushroom dip will be provided for lunch but participants should bring a sandwich or some food to supplement the soup and dip.
- 1–2:15 p.m. – Presentation: Edible and Poisonous Fungi of Arkansas
- 2:45 – 3:30 p.m. – Lecture on growing your own mushrooms at home
- 3:45 – 4:15 p.m. – Mycophagy session (cooking and tasting wild mushrooms) – Edible finds from the morning foray will be cooked for participants to sample. The session will be followed by a presentation on harvesting, storing, preserving and cooking wild mushrooms.
AMS members whose dues are current may attend the workshop free of charge, but non-members over the age of 18 are asked to pay $10 for the day’s events.
For more information, contact Jay Justice at (501) 794-2669.