- ½ lb. black-eyed peas, cleaned, rinsed, and cooked without salt until tender but firm
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. dried basil, crumbled
- ½ tsp. oregano, crumbled
- ¼ tsp. dry mustard
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. hot red pepper flakes, or to taste
- In a bowl combine all the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the warm cooked peas.
- Toss the salad gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight, tossing them once.