- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed & cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 16-oz. can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp. olive oil
- Steam the green beans until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Place the beans, chickpeas, and onion in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients.
- Add the dressing to the bean mixture, tossing the ingredients well.
- Chill the salad for 1 hour or longer before serving.
- Makes 6-8 servings.