- 2 tsp. dashi granules
- 4 cups water
- 3 tbsp. miso paste
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp. wakame (dried seaweed)
- 1/2 block soft silken tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Dash sake
- In a medium bowl with warm water, soak wakame, or dried seaweed, for about 5 minutes.
- Press out water from rehydrated wakame; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine dashi granules, water, miso paste, and sake; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium; stir in tofu, wakame, and green onions.
- Simmer gently for 2-5 minutes before serving.
- Makes 4 servings.
You can buy dashi granules, miso paste, seaweed, sake, and tofu from Sam’s Oriental Store. I use kelp dashi granules since I’m allergic to fish, but you can also use bonito dashi granules.