The Green Giving series continues today with more ideas on how to give food instead of “stuff” this holiday season.
Do you have foodies on your holiday shopping list? If so, how about giving them dining experience?
Many locally-owned green restaurants offer gift certificates. Some of my favorite green restaurants include:
- ZAZA Fine Salad & Wood Oven Pizza (Little Rock)
- The House (Little Rock)
- Boulevard Bread Company (Little Rock)
- River City Tea, Coffee & Cream (Little Rock)
- Lilly’s Dim Sum, Then Some (Little Rock)
- Masala Grill & Teahouse (Little Rock)
- Greenhouse Grille (Fayetteville)
- Little Bread Company (Fayetteville)
- Hjem Restaurant (Fayetteville)
- Bordino’s (Fayetteville)
A gift of dining experience at a locally-owned green restaurant keeps “stuff” out of landfill, helps protect the environment, and supports local farmers and economy. Can’t beat that!
If your special someone is more interested in cooking at home, give him or her a gift certificate to a locally-owned green-minded grocery stores such as Argenta Market (North Little Rock) and Ozark Natural Foods (Fayetteville).
So, those are some of my ideas on how to give food instead of “stuff” this holiday season. The Green Giving series will continue tomorrow with more ideas, so stay tuned!