- 1 small daikon radish, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced into ¾-inch length
- 1 small Lotus root, sliced
- 1 small potato, sliced
- 1 small Japanese sweet potato, sliced
- 1 medium turnip, sliced
- 1 burdock root, sliced
- 1 small Yuca root, sliced
- Place all ingredients in pot. Sprinkle salt.
- Pour sake over the mixture until it covers bottom half of the mixture.
- Place lid and steam, about 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 8 servings.
I buy Lotus roots, Japanese sweet potatoes, and Yuca roots from Asian vendors at the River Market Farmers’ Market. Serve with rice, Ginger Sesame Potatoes, and Spinach, Tofu, and Egg Soup.